Despite the signs and symptoms of this condition estrogen dominance can be very common, you should also know what to do if you are suffering from it.
We will list the 10 most common symptoms of estrogen dominance before we reveal one effective and simple protocol to help you balance your hormones:
- Bad PMS (breast tenderness/swelling, mood swings, and headaches)
- Hair loss
- Weight gain (especially hips and abs)
- Brain fog
- Abnormal menstrual periods
- Low libido
- Trouble sleeping
- Sluggish m Thyroid dysfunction
These steps you should follow in order to restore the healthy hormonal balance in the body:
Step 1: Eliminate Xenoestrogens
These days, we are constantly being exposed to various chemicals, and one of them is “xenoestrogen,” which can mimic estrogen in the body. You should avoid the use of the following top offenders in order to avoid these adverse effects:
- Cosmetics, makeup, and toiletries
- Tap water
- Non-organic dairy, produce
- Plastic Tupperware
- Plastic water bottles
- Birth control pill
- BPA cans
- Soy protein isolate
- Dryer sheets
Step 2: Efficient Elimination
This step will ensure the removal of estrogen, and prevent its re-entrance into the bloodstream in the case of chronic constipation. Make sure you are having daily bowel movements, and in case you are not:
- Increase the intake of fiber-rich foods
- Increase the intake of vegetables with every meal
- Consume probiotics such as kefir, yogurt, miso, tempeh
- Drink 2-3l of water daily
- To promote bowel movements, supplement with magnesium citrate or Triphala
- In order to help the removal of waste and toxins from the body, you should also:
- Massage your body to support the lymph
- Use a dry skin brush to eliminate dead skin cells
- Exercise or go to a sauna to stimulate sweating
- Breathe deeply to support the lungs
Step 3: Improve Liver Health and Estrogen Detoxification
Estrogen is removed by a well-functioning liver. The liver in the first stage, turns harmful estrogen intro milder, weaker forms of estrogen, and in the second stage, it converts it into a water-soluble form, so you can eliminate it through the stool or urine.
If the body lacks important nutrients the liver won’t be able to fulfill its function, or it is overburdened with other chemicals, accumulated due to the use of processed foods, alcohol and drugs.
- To support the function of the liver,
- Each a real, whole-foods based diet
- Avoid overeating
- Drink lots of filtrated water
- Do not drink alcohol
Consume foods that support liver health, such as kale, garlic, eggs, dark leafy greens, dandelion greens, beets, artichoke, onions, leeks, shallots, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, etc.)
You should take B-vitamins (in particular, B12B6, and Folic Acid), as well as some hormone balancing formula that contains one or all of the following: DIM, Indole-3-Carbinol, Calcium-D-Glucarate, sulforaphane.
You should take supplement with botanicals which improve the function of the liver, like rosemary, Oregon grape root, gentian, licorice, ginger, wild yam, burdock, red clover, barberry, milk thistle, dandelion root.
You should try some effective detox program, using medicinal herbs that are made using 100% USDA organic ingredients and also laxative-free, such as dandelion root, milk thistle seed (to improve detoxification of the liver), yerba mate and matcha ( to energize the body), or valerian root and passion flower to relax, and soothe anxious thoughts , in order to kick start your metabolism and improve your overall healthy by detoxifying and energizing the body.