Even since ancient times, people used baking soda for various purposes. For instance, ancient Egyptians used baking soda in its natural form (known as nahcolite) for cleansing purposes.
Now, there are more than 300 different ways of using baking soda around the world. In this article, we will reveal 15 of the most popular ways every woman should know about baking soda.
We are sure that everyone has baking soda at home. But, do you use it just for baking or relieving symptoms of heartburn?
If you choose the list of products that should always be on hand, baking soda would, perhaps, be the first on the list since it is a universal and widely available product.
Baking soda will assist you with all the household needs, personal hygiene, and also to deal with unwanted insects and will make everything much easier. Instead of using cleaning products and other chemical items that are so damaging to your health and pollutes the environment, try baking soda.
Start using baking soda in all corners of the house and for personal hygiene. You can also use it for aesthetic purposes. For example, for your skin and hair, to fight with stretch marks and even to whiten your teeth.
Here are 15 of the most popular ways you can use baking soda:
1. Natural deodorant: If you want to avoid the parabens and aluminum found in many deodorants and antiperspirants, try a pinch of baking soda mixed with water instead. This simple paste makes an effective and simple natural deodorant.
2. Insect bites: Prepare a baking soda and water paste and apply it directly to insect bites to stop the itching.
3. Acidity: Baking soda works by immediately neutralizing stomach acid, helping to relieve heartburn, indigestion and even ulcer pain.
4. Face cleaner: You can use baking soda and water paste to eliminate skin imperfections like wrinkles, blackheads and blemished skin.
5. Hair: You can use baking soda to clean your scalp and hair. Just mix baking soda and water at a 1 to 3 ratio in a small squeeze bottle. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes on your hair, then wash it off using warm water.
6. Stretch marks: You can use baking soda and water paste to reduce visible stretch marks.
7. Bad breath: Baking soda has a mild abrasive action that helps to remove plaque and polish, clean, and deodorize your teeth. Baking soda also has antibacterial activity and has been found to kill bacteria that cause bad breath.
8. Rough skin: Just put some baking soda in your socks overnight and forget about this unpleasant situation.
9. Stains: You can also use baking soda to remove stains.
10. The smell in the fridge: Combat the unpleasant odor by placing some baking soda in your fridge.
11. Jewelry: Baking soda is able to give back to your jewelry the previous shine.
12. Abscesses: Just mix baking soda and water to make a paste. With a slightly damp cotton ball, apply this paste to the abscess. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Before removing, apply a little pressure to drain the abscess completely.
13. Sunburn remedy: Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to lukewarm bathwater, then soak in the tub for natural relief. When you get out, let your skin air dry, rather than toweling off the excess baking soda, for extra relief.
14. Peas and bean softener: Get the peas and beans ready for cooking faster by placing them in water with baking soda.
15. White teeth: For an incredibly effective tooth and gum paste, use a mixture of 1 teaspoon of baking soda 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Brush your teeth with this mixture and make your teeth whiter.