Breast cancer is becoming a more and more widespread cancer in recent years, to the point that more than 250,000 women in the world will be diagnosed with breast cancer by the end of 2015.
Statistically, 14% of all cancers in the female population are breast cancer.
- The good news is that thanks to the advanced technology and accessibility to mammography and screening, more and more women can discover the breast cancer at its early stages before even some of the initial signs of breast cancer appear.
- The downside, however, is that not all breast cancers can be discovered with mammography.
- When it comes to signs of breast cancer, there are visible and invisible signs. There are also early signs and late signs of cancer.
- In an ideal world, you should be able to discover breast cancer before it even appears with regular use of mammography.
- But since the world is not ideal, you must protect yourself and check for early signs of cancer. You should also note that not all signs are same for all women.
- We will divide the signs of breast cancers into early signs and later signs.
- You absolutely cannot ignore the early signs and hope that you will never get to see and experience the later signs.
The early signs of breast cancer are:
- Breast pain that doesn’t go away until il your next menstrual circle
- Changes in the shape of the nipples
- A new lump that doesn’t disappear until your next menstrual circle
- Nipple discharge that can be red, brown, or yellow in color
- Redness, rash, skin irritation, swelling, and itchiness on the breast
- A lump or swelling under the armor under the collarbone
- If you notice any of the early signs of breast cancer, consult your physician instantly. If you ignore or do not notice the early signs, cancer can progress.
The later signs of breast cancer are the following:
- Enlargement of one breast (one breast is bigger than the other)
- Retraction of the nipple
- The existing lump gets bigger
- Dimpling of the breast surface
- Vaginal pain
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Visible veins on the breast
- Weight loss