As a matter of fact, the Standard American Diet literally is “SAD”. Most people in the US consume processed “quick and easy” food, fast food and genetically modified food and all these options are very unhealthy.
Namely, the processed foods contain various ingredients that are detrimental for your overall health, but this food also has negative impact on your body’s pH levels.
Medical experts explain that human body is alkaline and excessive consummation of junk food means higher chances for eating too many acidic foods.
By consuming acidic foods the pH of your blood changes from a normal alkaline level to a harmful acidic level. High acidic levels will affect your immune system and make you more susceptible to numerous diseases.
Below we are going to present you list of alkaline foods that will help your organism and will help in regulation of your blood pH levels. In same time these foods are very healthy and you should add them into your nutrition.
Top Five Alkaline Foods
- Swiss Chard
Swiss chard is leafy green vegetable and great alkaline food. This plant possesses anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties and it efficiently removes the free radicals from the body.
Any type of melon is healthy option. This sweet edible and fleshy fruit is extremely efficient in cleansing the colon, and at a pH level of 8.5, melons are super alkaline. However, watermelons are best choice due to the high fiber and 92% water content.
Buckwheat is great replacement to wheat. Buckwheat seeds are great option to start the day and will provide you energy for the entire day. There are studies which proved that buckwheat prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- Olive Oil
Olive oil is abundant with vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids which are great for your overall health.
- Flax Seed
Flax seeds are alkaline and also are rich with fiber and vitamin E. Studies proved that flax seeds have the ability to reduce inflammation and hot flashes in menopausal women.
Other Alkaline Foods
– Avocado – contains healthy monounsaturated fats for a healthy heart.
–Bananas –ripe bananas are superfood and are tasty in same time.
– Berries – abundant with antioxidants.
– Carrots – contain beta-carotene and are efficient in improving eyesight.
– Garlic – one of the healthiest plants that regulates blood pressure.
– Broccoli – possess cholesterol- lowering properties.
– Grapes – rich with multivitamins and antioxidants and efficiently lower blood pressure.
– Pineapple – help the weight loss.
– Alfalfa Sprouts – rich in enzymes that keep your hormones balanced and super easy to digest.
– Lemons– despite their acidic taste, lemons are one the most alkalizing foods. In same time, lemons aid in cold, cough and flu relief.
– Brussels Sprouts – prevent occurrence of cancer.
– Sauerkraut – you should add this fermented food to your nutrition.
– Cauliflower –healthy substitute for bread.
– Grapefruit – great source of vitamin A and C.
– Seaweeds – contains high amounts of iron and powerful acid reducers.
– Quinoa – helps in maintaining healthy blood sugars.
– Cucumber – has 90% water content and will keep your skin healthy and youthful.
– Parsley – will cleanse your intestines on completely natural way.
– Mango – great for cleansing the colon.
– Spinach – this is the ultimate, vitamin-packed veggie.
– Oranges – great against cold.
– Papaya – this is natural laxative that will keep your colon clean.